Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$error in /var/www/wp-content/themes/theissue/inc/misc.php on line 71
Coachella has dropped Travis Scott from the lineup after the Astroworld deaths. Travis was headlining Coachella 2022 before a Change.org petition had been posted to get authorities to drop Travis Scott from the lineup. The petition was created on November 7th, and has garnered more than 60,000 signatures. The city of Indio where Coachella takes place is where the Community Services Manager Jim Curtis told outlets the artist will “no longer be performing” at the highly-anticipated concert.
Coachella was launched in 1999, and is the biggest music festival in North America, with a capacity of 125,000. The 2022 edition is already sold out and offering a wait list for tickets and packages.
The Coachella headlining slot was meant to mark Scott’s return to the music festival circuit. Travis was hit with nearly 300 civil lawsuits including one class action suit totaling $750 million.
During the recent sit-down interview with Charlamagne Tha, Scott broke his silence on the Astroworld tragedy, he claimed he “didn’t know” it was a “mass casualty event” until after seeing the first press conference by law enforcement. Scott also said the tragedy of Astroworld would not deter him from performing again in the future.
“First things first, before anything, we address the safety concerns,” he said. “Not even for just me, but you don’t want other artists to experience that trauma. Once we take major steps into moving in that direction, I think it would be cool for people to practice that healing… Music is part of healing.”
Coachella Music Festival is set to take place the weekends of April 15-17 and April 22-24 while the country-themed Stagecoach festival scheduled to take place on the following weekend.
Watch the full Interview below.