Travis Scott was set to make an appearance at the Day n Vegas Festival this weekend but canceled following the Astroworld tragedy in his hometown.
Variety reports that Travis is “too distraught to play” and will be refunding all the attendees of his annual festival.
So far two lawsuits have been fired off: Manuel Souza named Travis, Live Nation, and organizers Score More in his lawsuit calling the tragedy a consequence of “a motivation for profit at the expense of concertgoers’ health and safety” and the “encouragement of violence.”
Kristian Paredes, 23, fired off a petition against “SICKO MODE” collaborators, Travis Scott and Drake, as well as Live Nation, and Harris County Sports and Convention Corporation.
“There is every indication that the performers, organizers, and venue were not only aware of the hectic crowd but also that injuries and potential deaths may have occurred,” Paredes’ attorney Thomas J. Henry said. “Still, they decided to put profits over their attendees and allowed the deadly show to go on.”
Kylie Jenner reassured fans that her and Travis weren’t “aware of any fatalities” until the news broke. “I want to make it clear we weren’t aware of any fatalities until the news came out after the show and in no world would have continued filming or performing,” the beauty mogul said in a statement posted to her Instagram story. “I am sending my deepest condolences to all the families during this difficult time and will be praying for the healing of everyone who has been impacted.”
Authorities report at least 8 people died, including a 14-year-old boy, and hundreds of concertgoers were injured last Friday after chaos erupted when Travis took the stage.