Tory Lanez reportedly was unable to reach an agreement on a plea deal for the accusations that he shot Megan Thee Stallion and will now go to trial. Megan Thee Stallion accused Lanez of shooting her in the feet after they left a party at Kylie Jenner’s house on July 12, 2020. Since she made these charges, Lanez has maintained his innocence. During court on Nov. 3, his lawyer Shawn Holly agreed that Lanez, born Daystar Peterson, will return to court on Dec. 14 to give a testimony about what happened during a preliminary hearing. According to Deputy District Attorney Kath Ta told the court she expects to put on about 90 minutes of testimony. The hearing is a necessary precursor to send the matter to trial. Holley declined to comment as she left the courtroom.
It was last month that Kath Ta told the court “meaningful discussions” to strike a deal were underway. Holley confirmed the talks then but said her client’s plea of not guilty “stands.” If convicted as charged, he faces up to 22 years and eight months in jail, according to authorities. Over the summer, Peterson was free on $190,000 bail when he was charged with breaking a felony restraining order prohibiting him from going within 100 yards of Megan or harassing her in any way.
On Twitter, XXL wrote, “JUST IN: Tory Lanez unable to reach plea deal in alleged Megan Thee Stallion shooting case, will have to give live testimony. He is facing nearly 23 years in prison.” Lanez’s quickly addressed the story.
“The wording of this is amazingly inaccurate. I wasn’t ‘UNABLE’ to do anything,” he said. “They offered what they offered so I wouldn’t goto TRIAL and I DECLINED , It’s very simple … and no I will not be giving any live testimony please report real news and accurate facts . ciao.” He added that he has been trying to walk a straighter path.